View Single Post
Old 09-22-2002, 02:59 AM   #9
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
LWB:
The information I printed was given to me by some Northern Cherokees of Mo and Ark. Being of Mo and being of Cherokee linage I guess our family is a mark. I was told that then Gov. Clinton signed a bill authorizing The recognition of the these Cherokees. I don't live too far from where their office is, now. I don't hear too much about these people anymore. They seem to be quiet.

I still think that state recognized tribes should be recognized as Indian the same as federally recognized Indians. I knew an Elder that has passed that was Modoc of OK. The Modocs were no longer federally recog., does this make this Full Blood no longer Indian. The Ottawa Tribe of OK lost their Federal recog. a long time ago and regained it in the 50's (I believe). Were they not Indian during that time period? I know many that would argue.