View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 06:03 PM   #18
Ayita16
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ayita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond reputeAyita16 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Well not to get in to the whole who is a ndn and who isn't. What about the ones who do have ndn blood and didn't want to sign the census back in the late 1890's and early 1900's so that they could stay on their land and protect there family? Just wandering.

I agree with there are only 3 federally recognized bands.
Keetowah
WBCI
EBCI

I personally don't see how there are the cherokees in cali and washington state. But I do see and how there are state recognized tribes in GA,Alabama,tenessee,and NC. B/c a lot of people in these states did not sign the census and could some how pass themselves off as white. So that they could stay on their land and protect there family?? Now don't get me wrong. I am not saying that the ndns who went on the forced removals and always claimed themselves as ndn weren't protecting there familys. I am just saying that some decided in that situation to not sign the census etc.

~ayita~