Thread: Cuttin' Up
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #5
wa-zha-zhe
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond reputewa-zha-zhe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Historian
It has been my experience, that the recent terms of "traditional" or "contemporary" when applied to Straight Dance, mostly refers to the outfit more than the dancing style. As an example, some prefer the "traditional" red or dark blue tradecloth, and some prefer the more modern or "contemporary" bright colors now available in trade cloth.
While at a pow-wow a couple of week-ends ago, I was visting with Wilma BlackOwl. And, she was telling me that they asked her to be a judge for "Contemporary Straight Dance" contest at Walters Pow-wow a few week-ends ago. She said, "Contemporary...I don't know what to look for." She told me, "Let me judge Fancy Dancers and I know what to look for." Footmovement, the pace they keep with the drum, how well they stop, etc.
Some how, I wish they could make the announcement or it could made known that the term "Contemporary" has to do with the style of dress and not the style of dance.
I know, I know, you can wish in one hand and @$*; in the other.