View Single Post
Old 08-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #34
grneyendn
Ladies Traditional Dncr

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
grneyendn is an unknown quantity at this point
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I had no intentions of getting to attend this powwow at all but my mother, grandmother, and uncle was there. I called my mom on Friday to see what was up and she started telling me the people who she had already seen and the drums that were already there. At 5am the next morning I was on I-95 on my way to Washington DC for the National Powwow. I just couldn't stand it!!!!

I didn't get to dance myself, but we did make it there before Grand Entry and we let our son dance. This powwow was awesome and a true spiritual healing for me since I had such a bad week last week and was so depressed. After leaving Sunday night from the event - I was so refreshed and so thankful that I had attended.

As far as the MCI staff - I encountered their rudeness as well. My son, who is 2 yrs old, was in regalia and going back to the Grand Entry line-up area. I was stopped by the staff and told that I could not go back there with him because I did not have a red bracelet on. I explained to them that we were told there were no more bands and that I had to purchase a regular admission ticket and even showed her the ticket. She still refused to allow me to enter the line-up area. I was so mad at that point but knew that my son was in my arms, I over looked ignorance and waited patiently with my lil' grass dancer for his uncle in the Men's Grass to come by so that my child could dance in with him. I don't know how that lady was raised but I would have never even thought of my son lining up by himself since he is only 2!!!!! THAT WAS SO RUDE!!!
grneyendn is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook