Thread: off beat
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2005, 05:35 PM   #40
jones
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
jones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond reputejones has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mato Winyan
That's true. Also I believe a judge has to move around to get a good look to see what is going on too. I hate it when they stand like statues. That's why when I judge I always move..... you can't really tell if you don't.

At first when they start the song it seems they like to bunch up and there is no way you can pick one out in the crowd, because like you say...... you only have a few seconds for each one.
You have to look and compare dancers too, so you aren't focusing on one dancer at a time. I do that whether I'm judging with a ballot or looking on from the sidelines. When the song stops, how can you tell which dancer stops on time or oversteps if you are looking at each dancer singularly. You have to focus on them for a few seconds - undivided, but you need to see the whole picture too. An offbeat dancers stands out because they are bobbing when everyone else is weaving.
jones is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook