View Single Post
Old 09-29-2002, 06:33 PM   #107
zeph
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
zeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond reputezeph has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
There are 4 Micmam/Maliseet band in Maine that are fed recognized.
ok well I followed up on this, and I hate to break it to you, but unless they just got recognized yesterday, it ain't so. In the state of Maine only the Penobs and the Passamaquoddy are federally recognized. Plus, there's only 1 band of MicMacs and one band of Maliseets in the state, anyway (though there's plenty of them married into the Penob & Passamaquoddy tribes)... the Aroostook Band of MicMacs and the Houlton Band of Maliseets. Maybe they are state recognized, I dunno. In Canada both tribes are recognized, but not in the USA.