Old 08-25-2005, 05:04 PM   #20
3StarsWoman
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
3StarsWoman has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wink fanatic

it's always fun to share the way we all work out. Here's mine, i've modified it and i'm kind of a fanatic.
1. warm up with one pow-wow song
2. jog for at least 30 minutes
3. plyometics - my husband built me a box, (his is 22" tall) 14" high, 12x12"wide and long. I jump on top and jump over the other side for 1 1/2 minutes and take a break for 1 minute - do that 5-7 times. It works your legs and core (waist,back).
4. I also have a slight incline on my drive way - for about 1/4 mile. Walk down and sprint up - do that for 5-7 times, that will get your heart pumping and your legs burning.
5. Dance one side of a cassette tape or 4-5 songs from a cd, only resting in between songs.
6. Weights - heavy and light - alternate days of the week for optimum effects.
7. Walk up a steep hill. Walking down is a great work out too.
8. If you have flat surfaces or a gym to run in, jog backwards. Or sign up for a boxing work-out, it's hard.

I don't do all of these all the time. I do alternate, it shocks your body to do something else and for your muscles to conform to and work differently and get stronger faster.

I sound like a fanatic, maybe I am. I'm also married to a tri-athlete, who's a work-out fanatic. I guess our kids will end up being just like us. Oh yeah, lay off of the pepsi and Coke, it will help. Besides, too many of our Indian people have diabetes. Sugar and Alcohol haven't been in our system long enough to genetically be able to process. Not like our europeans neighbors - the irish have been drinking since time immemorial - lol.
3StarsWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook