View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #13
Historian
Experienced

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerdad
Except the other recognized Choctaws...I read this entire thing yesterday, and if they have all this evidence, they need to put it out there because they sure didn't the first time around. The final finding from the BIA on this group was the only one I've ever read that was so emphatic in stating that this group is not a tribe and its people are not even Indian. That, plus the fact, that the other recognized Choctaw tribes do not think so either and oppose this group, sure puts doubt in my mind.
Singerdad,
I recently asked a member of the Mowa Choctaw about the question concerning the support of other Choctaw tribes in this Federal recognition process, and this is the response I received today:

"I have heard the opposite. I read on the internet that several other bands were in favor of it, and recognize the tribe already. I personally know members of the Mississippi Band (Choctaw) and the Poarch Band Creeks that are great friends with the Mowa Choctaw, but the leadership doesn't seem to be representative of the entire band. I read an article that showed that in their effort to be recognized, both the Poarch Creeks and the Mississippis Choctaw requested, and got, support from the Mowa Choctaw, and pledged their support in return."

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook