View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 03:38 PM   #33
CandaePrincess
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone wolf
Drugs and alcohol is a problem for all the four races, men and women.
Yeah, but the problem with natives is the amount of natives (census wise) in the United States. Based on the amount of natives that die every year (This is based on SAMHSA info./Prog. in many native tribes) if we were to flip that in terms of white people it would be 1.2 white people a year dying. That would be considered a catastrophe. The gov't would be doing everything they could to fix it. Native American suicide, alcoholism, spousal abuse, diabetes, heart disease, child abuse and drug addiction are double and in some cases (suicide, alcoholism) triple the rate of other races (which is insane b/c there are more people in the other races). Even in one of my college classes a professor asked if anyone knew why alcoholism was so prevalent in natives (everyone laughed and of course looked at me since I was the only native in there). No one knew it was b/c of a lackin gene which causes the addiction.

If people took the time to learn about natives as much as they want to learn about the dancing, sweats, beadwork, oroutftis.....maybe we would look more human, and in need of help, patience and understanding.

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......