View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 09:33 AM   #22
sokoki_wolf
Beadworker

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond reputesokoki_wolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
i think its great that theres been a listing of these people..i worked for a number of years for a leading Indian newspaper and did alot of investigating on the plastics...it will truly make your stomach turn the more you find out about these people...we had at one point a small group of us who would pass the word around north america about the plastics so that we could track what the plastics were doing and were they were heading...dyhanni yawahoo was one of my favotites...she claims to be the 17th clan priestess for the etowah cherokee nation ,a group from ohio lead by a man named hugh gibbs...gibbs would parade around in a towel turban with a plastic bear claw necklace on...was good for a laugh always....theres a nationally published magazine called "shaman's drum"( i renamed it scammins drum) it was the whos who of the plastics and i got many many names from them ( i guess i owe them thanks?)...what i found was for everyone we knew about,there were ten we didnt and if we exposed one in press,5 more would pop up...it got frustrating at times...charlie chips9 a lakota from the Chips family) is another one thats sold ceremonies...sweats in hawaii for 300 a piece etc...i always wondered why we seem to be the only race of people that is copied the way we are...ive never seen groups of people posing as african or asian people...i had some one ask me a question once about Indian people( it was a very generic question)...a few weeks later ,the person was running around claiming to be studying under a medicine person..when i asked my source what medicine person ,i was told my own name!!! i almost fell off my chair....the names that have been posted here are sadly,the tip of the ice berg...i had at one time boxes and boxes of research notes and gathered info on the plastics..sadly all that info was lost a few years back during a move...some of the names mentioned on this thread are very familiar to me,others are not...robert white eagle smith was one i did research...he is to be nice a joke...dyed black hair etc...a few months ago i was surfin the net and came across a site that made me almost vomit...its for a group in VA that claims to be indian...ill see if i can track it down again and post it in here...its run by a man named george "white wolf" branham...he has changed tribal affiliations numerous times(usually when confronted with his claims)..at one point he had a burial mound in his back yard that for a price(of course) you could be buried in upon your death...it goes on and on and i got to the point where i wondered if it would ever stop...and i see it hasnt...there are a number of legitimate Indian people who have gone over to the side of the plastics and i think thats even worse than the non-indian plastics...i found at times a complacency among our own people regarding the plastics...the common thought was,what can we do and it will come back on them eventually...i think personally its a very good thing to expose and exchange info on the plastics...if people want i will post more names and what i know about them as my feeble memory allows...what are peoples thoughts on this?
sokoki_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook