View Single Post
Old 11-25-2005, 12:52 PM   #14
TWDBear
Pow Wow Committee

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond reputeTWDBear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
How many of you use your tipi without the liner or have ever tried it?

I've never tried staying in it without the liner, even in the summer heat. Since my cover is white Sunforger, as is the liner, having the liner up helps to block the sun and create more shade. Of course in the heat i'll raise both the cover and liner to let the breeze through and in the winter months i'll put both the liner and ozan up to make it warmer.

Just a couple of weekends ago, at a powwow, we stayed in the tipi with a fire (LP of course). It got down into the lower 20's but we were comfortable, even during Kid's Day with the door open and people constantly coming and going. I had the linder up and would put the ozan up at night to make the tipi warmer and dryer (it rained one of the nights).

Tim n'Tennessee

PS
::: waving at Linda while she's camping in her tipi and visiting Mickey Mouse :::::

PPS
:::: waving at Andrea in OK ::::: Did you get your daughter's powwow dress finished?

I love my tipi's. I'll never be homeless with them.

History is written by the winners.

TWDBear is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook