View Single Post
Old 01-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #47
Joe G
*~the REAL me~*

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Joe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond reputeJoe G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Ooopsss 26-5!!!

AUBURN HILLS, Mich., Jan. 7 (Ticker) -- When it come to the Detroit Pistons, Andrei Kirilenko and the Utah Jazz are perfect.

Kirilenko scored a season-high 24 points and Mehmet Okur added 13 and 17 rebounds as the Jazz squeezed out a 94-90 overtime triumph over the Pistons, who had their nine-game home winning streak snapped. {{Ever notice how some of the nothing teams seem to play well against the good ones?? Utah is improving....but they still basically suck!!!}}

A 6-9 forward, Kirilenko has dominated Detroit this season. He had 22 points and 12 rebounds in a 92-78 home victory over the Pistons (26-5), who were swept by the Jazz in the season series. {{They think he's actually that Russian boxer in Rocky 5..so they lay off of him??? wasn't Birgitte Nielson seen around the Palace??}}

"Maybe it's that we don't need extra motivation against them," said Kirilenko, who pulled down 11 rebounds. "They're the best in the league, they won the championship two years ago and (are) playing like champions now. That just motivates us more."
{[Yeah and the fact they played TERRIBLE and mostly w/o Rasheed probably helped a little too, eh Andres???}}

Detroit's Chauncey Billups didn't know why the Jazz have the Pistons' number this season. "I can't put my finger on it," said Billups, who scored 24 points. "They're a tough team. They play extremely hard, mix it up and play some zone, some man and keep you off-balance. They're very well-coached and they're very disciplined."
{{now they need to do that against OTHER teams!!!!}}

A basket by Rasheed Wallace gave the Pistons an 86-85 advantage with 2:53 remaining in the extra session before Okur - a former Piston - sank 3-pointer and Greg Ostertag made a layup. {{OMG!!!! Greg Ostertag!! didn't he used to be a double for Boris Karloff in those old monster movies!! he makes Frankenstein's monster look mobile!!}}

"I had a great two years here," Okur said. "Everybody treated me so well. But now I just try to do my best for the Jazz." {{Yeah Mahmet...but in reality..you're a 6'11" floater...content to score onthe perimeter..and softer than Dolly Parton's cleavage....why anybody'd pay you HUGE $$ is a mystery to me}}}

Milt Palacio drained a jumper with 37 seconds left to give Utah a 92-88 lead. After a layup by Ben Wallace, Palacio came up huge once again, scoring on a driving layup with four seconds remaining to seal the victory. {[Those were NICE plays...but having the entire other team in foul trouble opens the lane some...too}}

"The jump shot and the layup, they were pretty big," said Palacio, who scored 14 points. "At that point, I thought they'd leave me a little. So I felt that if I would just be aggressive, I could do something." {{Yes, it isn't unusual too not concentrate on the bums with the game on the line}}

"I thought he (Palacio) played pretty well," Utah coach Jerry Sloan said. "He played defense well, which is tough no matter which of those guys you put him on. The important thing is we did a good job of keeping them on top of the basket and made them shoot over the top of us." {{Don't set up championship parties just yet...Jerry....and put acork in the champagne..this was actually a nothing game..for the Pistons....see ya when it counts...}}
Billups had a chance to win it in regulation but missed as time expired. {{yeah and he was FOULED too..but oh well}}

"Basically, it was a high pick-and-roll," said Billups, who added eight assists. "I knew they were going to help and I just slipped and lost control. I just tried to make a shot and got in a little finger roll. It actually felt good but it didn't go."

"I just wanted him to take a tough shot," Palacio said. "I wanted to make him shoot over me. With my size, I can get up on him." {[yeah but that's USUALLY a foul..tho}}

"Palacio, Williams and Ostertag all hurt us in overtime," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "Those aren't the guys you'd expect it from." {{True..and it won't happen very ofter, either!!!}}}
Joe G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook