View Single Post
Old 01-24-2006, 10:37 AM   #3
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipis
there are more than 23 from what i am hearing now. Ken Woody and Mike Terry will be having a book out this year or so on Buffalo hide tipis. There are about 6 hide tipi makers that I know of making lodges at this time. They are rare today because of the cost and the wieght of setting them up.

Oh! forgot. Cloth tipis were replacing hide tipis as early as the late 1840s. They were more portable, translusent and easy to set up.

tipis,

I will be looking forward to the Woody/Terry book that is coming out. Any idea on it's release date?

The 23 tipis I am referring to are "Antiquated (Antiques)" tipis before ca. 1880's reservation period.

Is there any truth that there are only approximately 23 that are known to exist from before this time period?

Where are some of these tipis located?

What is the value for a 17 ft. Lakota tipi (with pictorials) that is in good shape?

__

Also why is the spelling different? ie. Tipi, teepee, Tee Pee? Why do you prefer tipi?

Last edited by WhoMe; 01-24-2006 at 10:39 AM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook