View Single Post
Old 01-29-2006, 08:54 PM   #50
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickendad
So far this thread is very interesting. I feel some accept while others feel people are stealing something. What is it they are stealing. Is it really ours. Like the Christain religion, they feel they need to bring others to their side. What is it the Great Spirit wants of us. I don't think it is to preach and try to convert. But if others, be they mixed blood like myself, wannabe's, or whatever, wish to try to walk the path. Let's welcome them and accept. There's a movie I love to watch called Dreamkeeper. The grandson of the Elder Story Teller bad mouths a wannabe. The Elder Story Teller says he's a wannabe, wannabe connected. If we accept, live together, and teach each other stories won't get lost. Mother Earth will be protected. The Four Leggeds and Winged brothers and sisters won't be wasted, etc. By accepting and not ignoring and hating we can try to assure our ways won't get twisted and abused. By accepting and sharing, those who don't live on the rez will learn more about themselves and their culture. My next statement about rez's will get some heated statements I'm sure. I read a National Geographic last year while in Iraq that did a story on Native Americans and rez's. According to their story and cenus, like 70% of those who live within the total bounderies of most rez's are white people. If they are correct, go figure. Love to all.
Hmmmm. Then we'll have to start a thread...

'How Native is your white World?'

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook