View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #57
CandaePrincess
that's not my name

Items PresentPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
CandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond reputeCandaePrincess has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwehnzii
I am 1/512 Dutch. I know in my heart that this is so. When I see windmills, my heart soars. I purchased a pair of wooden shoes at a yard sale. I had to have them. When I put them on visions of tulips surround me. The story of the child who plugged a hole in the dyke turned me to tears.

I tell people of my lost heritage but they take one look at me and say, "No way man! You're Anishinaabe all the way!" What can I do?

I first submitted a post similar to this a few years ago and my situation has not changed. I tried to join a Dutch-Canadian club with no success. My skin color has been a detriment to my being accepted. My Ojibwe accent is unmistakeable and is hard to disguise.

Would a trip to the homeland help me out? I don't know if I should chance it as ( I heard) there are drug cafes and the sex trade is blatantly displayed in windows. Is that bad? I want so much to learn and partake of my Dutch heritage in every aspect.
Ki I'm gonna make you a windmill for your home. Don't ever let your Dutch side die.

Why don't they make CDWB (Certified Degree of White Blood) cards? B/C we'd all be in line to get one.

(sarcasm)

Mussy by birth.....Native by the Grace of God.......

CandaePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook