View Single Post
Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 PM   #73
Blackbear
Honey Connoissuer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Blackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Blackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond reputeBlackbear has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by unegatowodi
Wild isn't it. On the other end of the spectrum I read something about the Seneca of New York that says your mother has to be in the tribe for you to be a member. It was written by a full blood man that married a white woman and his 1/2 blood children could not register. I'm not sure if it is true or not. Not trying to get off topic, but I guess issues can be complicated.
TRaditional Haudenosaunee way of determining your tribe and clan is through the mother only. You are what your mother is. Most of us have a blood quantum requirement but not the Seneca Nation of Indians (not to be confused with the Tonawanda Seneca or the Seneca Cayuga of OK). They just stick to the matrilineal descent which is .. if your mom is, then you are. But believe me, there's plenty of full blooded seneca among them.