Thread: Womens Drums
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:23 PM   #4
WocusWoman
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoMe
Brackett,

Different regions are more tolerant of women's drums than others. The Pacific Northwest is one of the most tolerable regions of women's powwow drums. The Plains is the least tolerable of women's powwow drums.

I hope this helps.
You stated it right WhoMe. I was just going to say; being from the Northwest that in my tribe the women were traditionally the ones who "ran" everything. It is not uncommon to have women drums or mixed family drums. Another thing I'd like to say on this subject is when drums travel to other areas; they need to keep an open mind as to the areas traditions and beliefs, to avoid stepping on toes!
WocusWoman is offline   Share with Facebook