Thread: Womens Drums
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 04:45 PM   #9
**jdazmum**
PowWows.com Addicts

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute**jdazmum** has a reputation beyond repute
Location: just think trees, lakes, rolling hills n fresh air.
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Great insight everyone, but I'm not allowed near the drum. I'd get lectured (for real). I teach that to my daughter that the drum is a living soul and not to be reckoned with. Don't disrespect it. As for women drums, the only place I ever saw a women drum group was in Southern Cali powwow, think it was San Marcos. I didn't feel comfortable with it, because I hold high regards to it. Even when I step into an NAC meeting, I've never seen a women carry a drum, but I've see women singing with a gourd. I remember the elder womens scolding us as kids not to touch a gourd. Back in the day, gourds were used as drinking tools in ceremonies. Grandmas would say if you touch it, your breasts are gonna grow! LOL. yeah it's funny, but taboos are not taken lightly. I have problems with disrespect to drums. Sometimes I'd see a drum sitting alone with no one watching it. Once I've seen writing on a drum like grafitti writing. (shaking my head) I think if you want to be part of a powwow, whether it's a social gathering and not ceremonial, there is still power in it and can inflict pain on you. Just something to consider.