View Single Post
Old 02-14-2006, 02:08 PM   #3
Ron S
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Ron S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond reputeRon S has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Agreed Singerdad. I much prefer the sound of the old songs when somewhat slurred.

Having said that, even the old songs have changed some over time. Case in point: When Earl Fenner recorded his interviews with Harry Buffalohead back in the 80's, Harry stated on several occassions that some songs are now being sung differently from the way the old people sang them. In one case he stated that a word being used made no sense and in a couple others the language had changed since the time of his grandfather. So even if we sing in the original style, in some cases we may still not be singing the songs as originally composed. Sorry, I think I just drifted into a whole new thread.
Ron S is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook