View Single Post
Old 02-27-2006, 02:28 PM   #15
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf
Anyway, wearing the coyote pelt, I was once approached by a Commanche man, he asked me if I knew what the coyote meant to his people. I shook my head, and he told me all about it. He said that one coyote was a not so good sign, two or more was a really bad sign, and if the coyote looked at him as it crossed his path, then someone in his family would die. I just stood there kinda stunned, and he told me that I had to respect other people tribes traditions. So for the rest of the pow wow I tried not to look at him......

Derek,

It was actually a Comanche who revived wearing the wolf head as a headdress at powwows.

This Comanche moved to Poundmakers Reserve in Saskatchewan, Canada. With this unique headpiece he began to win at numerous contests and soon others began wearing wolf, coyote and bobcat heads at powwows.