View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 12:59 PM   #24
sltate
Senior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sltate has a reputation beyond repute
sltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond reputesltate has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
LOL, well.....my dad was inducted into the Kiowa Tia-piah Society, in Lawton, and we used to come for their celebration every year. I thought the dance was Kiowa. Then I married a Comanche and was told that it was originally a Comanche dance(aka Little Ponies). So.....whoever started it, it has reached out to several states and tribes, some not knowing what the heck was going on just liked to dance. LOL
To appreciate and respect a dance, you must know the origin(s) therefore abiding by the boundaries that are enforced. That saves alot of embarrassment in the long run. When in doubt, ask.......don't assume anything when it comes to native american traditions and dances because there are reasons for boundaries and guidelines, some that have been handed down only by verbal communication, not written in ink or voted upon by anyone..simply done because that is the way it was originated.
sltate is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook