Thread: chamber's farm
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2006, 10:32 PM   #46
crazywolf
crazywolf

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
crazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond reputecrazywolf has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Lets talk about Chambers SHA!

Boozhoo niji,

I was there, I saw I went I danced LOL.

What I didnt like... It was 11:30 Saturday morning and i just learned about the 12 PM grand entry. Hmmm and people asked me why I wasnt getting dressed. Good there there were no points to lose. I dont know who set the time schedule, the new owner of the land I think, what does he know about pow wows anyway?

There was "something" around the circle Sat morning. It sure as heck smelled like pot. It was much earlier in the morning than when any of the singers were there, it was some kids that were hanging around. I have been to rock concerts and 49s, and I am pretty sureI know what pot smells like when its smoked, it was there.

Now about the good stuff... I liked the dancing, the singing ws good, the staff there, head staff, Clint, and Rob all did their jobs well, I enjoyed myself. I only danced Saturday night, went home early sunday morning, but that one dance was great.

I was also there when they asked that grass dancer no to dance there. I have seen her before, at a pow wow where I was head man at. I didnt push the issue, it is not for me to say who can and cannot dance grass since i am not a part of that society, but I did warn her at that time that what she was doing was a very controversial thing and it would be met with strong criticism. They played the grass dancers a song, and she went ahead and danced outside the circle. An elder came up and told her (I think) to stop doing what she was doing. She and her parents left the pow wow, and they were really ticked off about the whole thing. These people that told her to stop, they were not Chambers people, they are very well respected elders that travel the whole pow wow trail.

It kinda saddens me to see this kind of thing happen, because no matter what, she did puta lot of time into the making of her outfit, she took a lot of time to learn that dance and its something that she wants to do. Like I said, I am not one to tell her she can or cannot do this thing. There were other people that also travel the pow wow trail that are well respected, that did tell her that she can do this thing.

And that Jingler... yah she was doin it traditional. Dont care what anyone says, I enjoyed watchin that. You keep going girl, youre great already.

Derek
crazywolf is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook