View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
tsuj510
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
tsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond reputetsuj510 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Singerdad, yeah its like I said in my email to you.

I dont know the history of the Blackfoot side of the story, but I have heard reputible employees of CNOT say that when the Invaders did the Land Grab, they had all of these newspaper ads up nationwide saying, "is your last name Smith (for example)? If so, you may be able to claim this land in Indian Territory" and the rush was on. Outsiders did not realise that some Indians had adopted white last names and thats the beginnnig of this whole mess. That's why some whites hear names like Bollen (I'll use my family name here for illustrative purposes) and think "Oh I must be Cherokee.."
when in fact, it was not the case..
Does anyone know the other side of the story? I'd like to know the Blackfeet Lakota/Blackfoot Confederacy side of things.
tsuj510 is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook