View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 01:17 AM   #35
Zotigh
USMC

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Zotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Zotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond reputeZotigh has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffan Redhawk
There is a gentlemen that MC's a few pow wows (Will post name if it's requested) who always states during the gourd dance that only VETERAN MEN can do this dance, and always tells the women who stand behind their man to sit down.

This man also says that teens, and young men can not do this dance, I know it's not true, my Grandfather used to have me gourd dance with him when I was younger, my father, not so much, but my GPA always had me out there with him, used to dance with alot of my old friends out there....
That 'gentleman' is wrong in these ways:

Gourd Dance is NOT a veterans dance.

Our women ALWAYS dance during Gourd Dance on the edge of the circle or behind us when we are being honoured.

Teens and young men are not lesser members of our tribes. And, they should never be told not to dance. On the contrary...with so many seeking the wrong examples of leadership, they should all be encouraged to dance and participate in their dances.

That feeling you inherited from his example is lamentable.

But, it is correctable by your leadership.
Kiowa Tiah Piah
Kiowa Marine Veterans
American Indian Veterans

Zotigh is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook