View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 01:18 AM   #21
TKMJ Productions
Powwow Sound 4 U

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numunu1971
So then what is the M.C. for?
The powwows that I attend, the M.C.s will explain to the spectators what is going on during blanket songs, and why. If I was a spectator, who didn't know any better, and I saw some guy raising his dollars up in the air, it wouldn't move me to go into the arena. But if an M.C. is doing his job, then they will explain those things.
As far as expenses go, I think it is great to help out the drum, or head staff with donations. I think in the arena, it is more of a show of respect and gratitude. Many powwow committees will give staff an honorarium for coming.
I have yet to see anyone get rich on the powwow trail.....
When I raise a dollar, It's usually after the MC has explained what will happen. Call me a visual aid if you will. Not everyone hears the MC because they are talking among themselves and not listening to everything. We all have said "What did the MC say?" and miss something. Remember we hang out on the trail and knows what goes on. For a lot of the spectators, it's a once a year thing. "Gotta get to that powwow thing this weekend. The kids will love it!"

No one gets rich on the powwow trail that I know. If a drum or dancer kept a ledger on their expenses, honorariums, blanket money and contracts, they would find that they are loosing money over a years time. Even the vendors seem to just get by going powwow to powwow. I wonder how you could file the loss with the IRS. LOL

The only people I have heard of making money on the trail are the dancers that contest every weekend. Then its a crap shoot to come out ahead at the end of the year. With gas prices this year even the heavy hitter contest dancers are going to loose a lot of cash on the trail.

Our company provides sound systems at powwows, rock and country shows We also provide sound for other events throughtout the year. The powwows we do are usually done at our costs or below. Pay our gas and take care of our expenses and you have a kick butt professional powwow sound system. It's a way for us to give back to our people. Some powwows we do for free just because.

Last edited by TKMJ Productions; 05-19-2006 at 01:28 AM..
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook