View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 02:09 AM   #22
Kio-Manche
a.k.a Numunu1971

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Thats true, I too have said, "Hey, What did that M.C. say"? Sometimes, they will be telling a story (long winded ones usually) and pause to explain something to the audience, and then get back to the story, some of which I've heard 100 times. So, I am guilty of that myself.
I wonder if the IRS would allow us to write off our losses, "for cultural reasons"? I may try that next year. There is no doubt, that attending powwows and ceremonials is a major expense in my life. I don't contest dance, so the only way i make money is by winning 50/50's. Ayy... Of course, it ain't about the money anyway.
I live in Northern Ok. and most of the dances I attend are in Southwest Ok. 3 and 1/2 hour drive most of the time. I drive a F-350 dually pickup truck (NDN Cadillac). It costs me $100.00 dollars in gas alone to go to a dance. Crazy ain't it. But I do it.
I appreciate the fact that you do some sound systems "just because". Its a good thing to give back like that. Its also good PR for your company. Keep it up and good luck to you.