View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 10:38 AM   #23
TKMJ Productions
Powwow Sound 4 U

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numunu1971
I drive a F-350 dually pickup truck (NDN Cadillac). It costs me $100.00 dollars in gas alone to go to a dance. Crazy ain't it. But I do it.
I appreciate the fact that you do some sound systems "just because". Its a good thing to give back like that. Its also good PR for your company. Keep it up and good luck to you.
It ain't crazy for any of us. It's just the way we live. I know all about the gas costs. When we work a powwow, we drive an E350 24 foot class C motorhome. We call it the "Tin Tipi". There is a picture of it in the gallery here. This weekend we will be taking our minivan and take a hotel room. We will not be doing sound for this powwow. Sometimes even the sound man needs to get out there and dance all weekend. We will pick the kids up at school at the end of their day and hit the trail. First stop is gas and expressos for me and mom. Second stop is Micky Ds for the kids. (across the street from stop one). And then we are gone!!!!!

It's gonna be a rough weekend. Room service at the hotel closes at midnight. We looked at our costs for this weekend and found that it was better to take a hotel then drive the tin tipi and stay on the powwow grounds. We talked about taking a tent instead of doing the hotel to cut costs more but, the idea of never ending hot showers and a whirlpool spa won. I don't get a chance to just dance all weekend very often. Besides if a drum does the water song and the rain thing happens, we have a place to go that's dry. We will open the room to family and friends and keep things going. It's happened before and I'm sure it will happen again. Being part Spokane, I have learned how to pack fish in a can. It's no different packing indians into a hotel room.

We don't do the give backs for PR. We do it because of who we are. Our family tries to hold on to the old values.
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook