Buffalo Horns

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
dwight has a spectacular aura about
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotigh
What does it mean to you?

'cause it does not mean anything to us. And, seems silly.

"lookee!! I'm giving!!"

:P

contrary to the honouring
So far, I've tried to understand why a person is being honored. I have not given everytime, but when I choose to honor someone it's because I feel they have been placed there because they need help.

If a person needs help, I feel honored if I am in a position to be of assistance and do so willingly and cheerfully. If I'm going to give, it's because my heart is there.

Should the gift be part of the Gourd Dance? I don't know. Maybe someone wants to write the protocol on this that can be attached to all the Gourd Dance stories (I've noticed they all seemed to be copied from the same source).

But I also know that in the Southwest where I live, the people are plenty poor and leaders are quite sensitive to the needs and sacrifices that are abundant. As in all things, there can be purpose and abuse. The AD is hopefully one that is chosen with care and we can respect his choice in determining the appropriateness of a blanket dance. If not, perhaps we need to point this out, first to him, then to those responsible for choosing the AD.