View Single Post
Old 06-13-2006, 07:44 PM   #39
TKMJ Productions
Powwow Sound 4 U

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
TKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond reputeTKMJ Productions has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwight
Is there not honor in giving? What is honorable about jeering? I mentioned that I felt some were given the blanket because they may have needed it. Veterans have always been there when it counts. They help the families of fallen comrades and they are sympathetic when other families go through terrible ordeals. Vets are always there, serving, giving, honoring. I don't know if you can truly separate giving and honoring.

There are some who are honored who apparently have no need. To honor them is a noble thing. But when someone is in need, have we misdirected our good will to give to the one who needs not and give not to the one in need?

If someone drops a buck or two at my feet while in the circle, it's because something about my dance has moved them in some way, Yes I am honored that my dance moved someone in a good way. Along with that honor comes respect and tradition. I am bound by my teachings and tradition to give those gifts to one who is in need. It's becomes matter of my honor as a member of the community.

Zotigh and I appear to have been somewhat taught in the same way. We are of different tribes as well. It makes one wonder how many other traditions our community has lost.

On the lighter side, I guess we were both taught to "Pass the Buck" to someone in need.

Ken
TKMJ Productions is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook