View Single Post
Old 06-14-2006, 03:08 AM   #40
CHEROSAGE
cherosage

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
CHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond reputeCHEROSAGE has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Ken: I think that the honoring during a powwow dance and that of a Gourd dance are similar but not quite the same. If I miss the mark I hope Zotigh can bring me back on line.

In a Powwow dance some one likes th eway you dance OR they have some other purpose, but personal none the less. Yes, some one comes out to pick up the gift and it goes to the dancer. Should no one come out to help, it is the ADs job to pick it up for you.

In a Gourd dance when some one is honored it usually is for some one that means a lot to you, some one special to you for some reason. You ask some one else you wish to recieve the gift to help you honor this great person. After the song is finished the person invited to help should be the one to retrieve the gift. This is that persons gift to do with as they wish, give to the drum, pocket, etc.. This is not for some one to get enough money to buy gas, food or what ever. This is an honoring for the individual. I equate this honoring as a private party, something personal between the 2 gentlemen I want to honor. Yes, some may want to come and help because these gentlemen are special to those helping. I can't believe that everyone helping can even know everyone being honored that well. I feel sometimes like some are crashing this party uninvited.

There may be another honoring in the Gourd dance that Zotigh has mentiioned. That is the Give away. A person, family, etc., wishes to have a give away for their reason. Items are placed at the feet of the dancer. After the song is finished the items are given to those they are wished for. There may be many or few items. What ever money is placed on the ground will go into the gifting.

I hope I have said these things without offending anyone and I hope I have actually said these things correctly. Sometimes I don't always put my words together right, and say things I don't really mean quite the way I said it. I hope Zotigh and others can fix anything I say wrong.