Thread: honoring ppl
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2002, 12:46 AM   #11
sunkato
tiny tot champion

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
sunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond reputesunkato has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally posted by MaggieB
well there have been songs that move singers. You know when they are so into singing the song that you just feel this rush to stand up. That is when they get honored at the drum. I have seen old women throw their shawls at theier feet they were so moved. I have also seen women moved while singing at the drum. It is a special thing when a song is so powerful to do that. I have never seen anyone do that for just the heck of it so i really can't say that it is wrong b/c of what i was taught.
I like gourd dance. Thanks for putting that picture in my mind Maggie. There's nothing like a good song
sunkato is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook