View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #6
Kio-Manche
a.k.a Numunu1971

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Kio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond reputeKio-Manche has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I attend alot of dances throughout the year. For me, Kiowa Gourd Clan ceremonial is the one I cannot miss. The singing there is always excellent. There are good drums out there, but when I'm at KGC, there is a musical quality to it. Its different.
The feeling I have when I'm dancing there is a spiritual feeling. Its hard to explain, but its from the heart. The enjoyment of seeing friends and making new ones, the reverence I feel for the elders and those who are no longer with us, it makes a person feel honored, to be among this great society. To be a member is an honor.
Walking by the camps, seeing the relatives all laughing and cooking and carrying on.... you wish you could stay a month.
On the last day, on the last song, as soon as the last beat ends...you think to yourself, "Well, only 362 days until Kiowa Gourd Clan ceremonial."
To all the members out there who may read this, A-Ho!!!
To all non-members who read this, A-Ho!!