View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 10:46 AM   #22
ndnMSW
Teen Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
ndnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond reputendnMSW has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_jinglin_sweetie
I did registration for all of the womens categories and I do remember Lita coming through and I thought that she might be in the golden age category....I didn't want to be disrespectful and accuse her of "jumping down" a category. Especially since it was a woman, we all know that women don't like talking about their age. I myself would have been offended if someone thought that I was supposed to be in golden age and I really wasn't. It's a sticky situation where you don't want to disrespect anyone but you still want to follow the rules. Had someone complained about it when she won then we would have asked for an ID to prove her age.
I've been there and I understand what you are saying....it's a tough spot to be in. Myself, I have no idea how old Lita is either so it's not something I would have thought about asking. Registration is such a busy time with alot of new faces that it's almost impossible to attempt to catch things like that. From what I've seen, it's typical that someone registers, then someone complains or mentions something to a committee member or someone on head staff, then it's addressed after that. But like in this case, it can't be addressed unless someone brings it to your attention in time to do something about it.

I don't think this a big deal for your powwow, it's not some great big controversy at all. Your committee needs to rest up and enjoy the fact that you had a good celebration, treated people well (as usual), people enjoyed themselves and said they would return. Hopefylly we'll be back next year (missed it this year because it was too far to travel with the new baby).
ndnMSW is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook