View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 09:51 PM   #30
Joe's Dad
The voices tell me...

Items CatCatCatCat
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Joe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond reputeJoe's Dad has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Dang sixsapaha. you sure are an angry person when somebody doesn't agree with you.

I do think you are right as far as the european contact timeline. There was longer anglo contact on the eastern seaboard. And there was a racial mixture, or maybe I should say a racial tri-mixture, longer on the eastern seaboard the in the middle of turtle island. It has been noted that there was a Siouan language on the east coast. Does this mean there is a direct connection to the Sioux in and around South Dakota. I don't think so. DNA may conclude that there might be similarities to indigenous people, but it's like grabbing at straws. I have sat with elders born in the late 1800's/early 1900's, who lived in NC. I've heard their stories of where they remember coming from geographically. They had an oral history, but courthouse records were burned in a fire. They knew who they were without a DNA test.

On a final note. I knew a woman from NC who said she was black. All her features were black. Years later, I saw where she was enrolled in one of those 'pay for your heritage' tribes. I wonder if she was black/indian or black hoping to be indian.

Is sapaha the same as hasapa?

Why must I feel like that..why must I chase the cat?

"When I was young man I did some dumb things and the elders would talk to me. Sometimes I listened. Time went by and as I looked around...I was the elder".

Mr. Rossie Freeman
Joe's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook