View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 03:02 PM   #38
WhoMe
PauWau Coordinator

Items Devil
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
WhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond reputeWhoMe has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandsTallWoman
I found out from somebody on PowWow.com emailed and told me that DNA Test does not let anyone know which tribe we belong to. DNA can tell us the precentage of Native blood that we have. The only way that you can found out the exact ancestral tribe, then you need to search for a reputable anthropogist. I find these information to be interesting and I just want to share the info with you all.

P.S. I couldn't agree with you more sixsapaha, Str8Dancer49 and powwowbum49.
You're right Stands,

DNA can tell you that you have blood matching natives, but it cannot tell you what tribe you are.

I'm not sure about your statement that an anthropologist can determine what ancestral tribe you are.

For instance, there is not an antropologist alive that can tell somebody they are definitely "Cherokee/Blackfoot."

I do know that it is the tribe's themselves that determine who is in their membership... and who is not.

Last edited by WhoMe; 08-29-2006 at 03:04 PM..
WhoMe is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook