View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 06:26 PM   #10
Nezbah
Peace n Mutton Grease

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Nezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Nezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond reputeNezbah has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wakopataki,

Where in Washington are you at? When I went to school up there, we had to take a Pacific Northwest History class from middle school up to high school. It covered alot of the Okanagan, Nez Perce, Colville, Tulalip, and other tribal histories, like Chief Sealth, up that way. Actually, I was lucky to have that class, and I don't know if the school kids are taking this class any more, or whether its mandatory or not. But, knowing what was being taught and I hope still being taught, the WA state schools were really into that part of native american history. If you are on the eastern part of WA, then it may be different. Regardless, don't worry about who you are reaching or how many you are reaching. Its the fact that you are teaching, is all that matters. You can't force everyone to listen to you, just because what you have to say is important, others will not think so. Speak from your heart, speak from what you know, instead of criticising yourself, give yourself a pat on the back. I have been trying to teach native american history to kids and adults for many years but you'll end up defeating yourself in the end, if you keep 'expecting' too much.

EMAIL ME for GON 2014 Special Hotel, Air, and Car Rates...limited availability. Powwow special rates across the US and Canada. I also offer great vacation, business, and specialty fares to every destination in the world! Email for the rates
[email protected]
Nezbah is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook