View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #11
yellowthunders mama
Singer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
yellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond reputeyellowthunders mama has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Wakopataki,
I agree with the others that it is important for your well-being and sanity that you leave behind the ones who will never change their minds. I live in Pennsylvania which is the most ignorant state in the union when it comes to knowing anything about NDNs.
I have had great success with Talking Circles though. It attracts the people who want to know and are willing to have their view of the world and themselves turned upside down.
The reason many Anglos are so unwilling to accept the facts when it comes to the truth about history and NDNs is that it is too painful to face the truth. I know how painful this is because I am part Anglo. So, I know the psyche from both sides and have the honor and misfortune of being a symbol of my people’s survival and destruction all in one beautiful package. It is painful for Anglos to deal with the atrocities committed by their ancestors and the fact that they continue to benefit from those atrocities today.
A Talking Circle makes it possible to dig deep and face the truth because it is a safe environment where people who are willing can deal with the emotions that come up when the truth is allowed in.
I wish you many blessings on your journey.
yellowthunders mama is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook