Thread: honoring ppl
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 11:32 AM   #19
park
Junior Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
park has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond reputepark has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
More phenomenon

Like Cherosage said, if these folks like to participate, come on down to Kiowa country! At the July Annuals, it wouldn't be hard for someone to blow $100 in one session.

I have recently seen something else spreading down in Texas that I never saw too much before. Typically, people pass in front of the person being honored and simply drop a dollar in front of them. Sometimes they stop and shake hands or exchange a few words and a smile. For some reason, certain people have taken to placing the dollar bill on the back side of their fan and letting it slide to the ground, but ONLY after offering the dollar bill to what I take to be the four directions. Apparently, the dollar bill is now sacred or blessed as a result of some sort of mini-ceremony. Has anyone else seen this? I guess they're religious lemmings.
park is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook