View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 01:52 PM   #5
Historian
Experienced

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Historian has a reputation beyond repute
Historian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond reputeHistorian has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiah
Correct me if I am wrong but does not the Picture of "Walks with Effort" Ponca 1914
Look like someone that Gourd Dances??
He has a Banderlero of what looks like Mescal Beans and Silver Beads and a neckerchef attached to it
He is wearing a white shirt and black pants with a nice Tie and a bird as a tie tack
And a Fan in his left hand And since we cant see his Left Hand I am guessing there is a gourd but maybe not
But to me this sure does look like someone that has Gourd Dance clothes on

Comments Anyone????
Josiah,
Your keen observations of the items worn by "Walks With Effort" (1914) do have a similarity to Gourd Dance items. However, I believe you are seeing the manner of dress for a Ponca man (typical in 1914) that was a member of the Native American Church.

"Be good, be kind, help each other."
"Respect the ground, respect the drum, respect each other."

--Abe Conklin, Ponca/Osage (1926-1995)
Historian is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook