View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #21
RedShield
Singer/ Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
RedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond reputeRedShield has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gledanh Zhinga
I was told that when the youthful Tom Teegarden was learning to sing at Ben Black Bear's drum, Ben used to give him a clout with the drumstick when he goofed. That would be an attention getter.

We used to hear a WW II song by Jo Stafford, titled "Long Ago and Far Away". When my dad heard me singing, he would say, "Hey son, can you sing long ago and far away?"

My buddy said to me once, "Can you sing solo, so low we can't hear ya'?"
I like those... wouldn't use them... but they made me laugh... especially the "Hey son, can you sing long ago and far away?"... LOL

We had one guy who couldn't sing for anything on a drum I once sang with... we made him the sound guy... he was still a part of the group just "kept busy with other responsibilities"

The way I was taught is that the drum is there to heal and make the people feel good around it, never hurt anyone, I wouldn't tell anyone they couldn't sing, that's not my way.

Paselo!