View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #73
xTekno
Standing Rock

Items PresentDevilElephant
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
xTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond reputexTekno has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBZ4life
Oh man I had a blast at this powwow...kind of a vacation for me...got there early thursday..checked things out...sang Friday at 4pm (gourd dance)...then it was crazy from then...friday night ending late then having to be there early saturday morningso we dont get blocked out of Window Rock so we can make it to sing gourd dance at 10am...then ending at midnight again and then having to get out of window rock and then back to sing gourd dance at 10am sunday ..back and forth to and from gallup everyday...almost had to stop at the gentlemens club..lol...after the powwow back to oklahoma!!! got back 6am in the morning...had fun and ima have to do it next year again
This is why I camp out Friday night at the powwow grounds. You barely get to sleep a few hours before having to make it back the next morning if you stay elsewhere. There are showers available the next morning so you basically rough it for one night. Years ago, I got to stay at Days Inn which is less than two miles away west of the fair grounds, but they charge for an arm and both legs these days.

Few people realize it, but taking care of the sound system means being one of the first people onsite every morning and being the last one to leave at night. Having a good assistant and other volunteers go a long way to make it easier during the day and evening sessions.

Come down to the Phoenix metropolitan area in November for the 20th Annual Red Mountain Eagle Powwow and the 25th Anniversary Orme Dam Victory Days Celebration Powwow. The 2nd Annual Gilbert Powwow is in January followed by the 21st Annual ASU Spring Competition Powwow in April a week before GON.
xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook