View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 11:33 AM   #3
wyo_rose
Ready to dance

Items Treasure ChestElephantGuitarPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
wyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond reputewyo_rose has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Well, please understand that each tribe has it's own requirements and it's not all blood degree. BIA does the 1/4 thing, OR being enrolled in a federally recognized tribe.

Two of my granddaughters should be enrolled in their dad's tribe, and they have enough of his tribe's blood, but there's a residency requirement. Their mother (my daughter) is enrolled in the her dad's tribe even though she's more E. Shoshone. So the little one's are enrolled in a tribe of which they only have 7/64 degree (less than 1/8). But they add all the blood degrees up in this tribe, which is good. Except they didn't add the blood degree that my daughter got from me, so it's really not accurate there either.

As for me, I had 3 prospective tribes to almost get enrolled in. ALMOST. One will still take me, but there's the residency requirement and I really don't want to move.

My mom was a 'victim' of simplification. Someone decided that the 16th's were too complicated back then so they rounded her DOWN to the 8th's. Now my other granddaughter's denominator is 256. That's what happens when an odd numerator marries an even numerator.

MY ADVICE: Pick your prospective mate VERY CAREFULLY! (yeah right!)
wyo_rose is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook