View Single Post
Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #32
LSS
Taskahoi Atsuti

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
LSS has a reputation beyond repute
LSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond reputeLSS has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I'm gonna throw a bit of a curve ball in here with a memory I'll keep with with me...even when I'm with the Creator.

DC, 2005, I was singing w/ Black Bear. Sometime during the middle of the Pow Wow, I would up next to "Grandpa". I hadn't been too long made a set of sticks w/ a yellow fiberglass rod. I hadn't taped the handle, but the stick was a nice weight, good length, etc. "Grandpa" leaned over and said, lemme see your stick. So, I handed it to him as I asked if I could take a look at one he had made. He tapped the drum a time or two, shook the stick a couple of times and nice, faint smile came over his face as if to show his approval. He rares back and says, "Nice stick. Who made your stick?" I explained to him how I had and where I had gotten the rod from. He proceeded to tell how that would've been a nice stick to use out in Oklahoma...again, asking me if I had been and hounding me to go! A few minutes later he leans over and says, "I'll trade ya a stick." I grinned from ear to ear and asked, "You want that one?" I didn't want to give it up, but, he was my "Grandpa"...an elder...I couldn't say "no". So, I took a deep sigh and nodded just before he handed me his stick bag.

To this day, not only do I have a photo of he and I sitting at the drum during one of the songs, but I also have probably one of his last few sticks. It is very special to me and I now keep it with me closer than ever before.

Aho higun eingka yandowasteka mae konspewa
makikonspewa bi yanti nigas eingka yamuniye
To get a true picture of your purpose in life, you only get the whole picture when you listen with your mind, your ears and your heart. This way The Creator has a direct connection with you and only you...no outside interference.

When you follow the will of IT that created you, understanding that your purpose is not for you...but for IT and all that IT has created, there can be no wrong except failure to be obedient. Only then do we jeopardize the gifts we are given.

Its not the final destination that defines us, rather the journey taken!
LSS is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook