View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #9
Paul G
Webmaster

Items PresentUser Name Style ChangeSteal PointsCake
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Paul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond reputePaul G has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Kelli and I did this same cruise (different ship) for our honeymoon 10 years ago. We loved it then. But we always said it would be much more fun with friends. And with Pow Wow Cruise you have over 100 friends that come on board with you!

Monday we boarded the MS Paradise and had a relaxing time as the ship set sail. Everyone from the Pow Wow group met and had chance to talk before things got started.

Then it was time for dinner! Dinner on a cruise is incredible. The food is outstanding, and you get order as much as you want! We had Lobster Tails, Filet Migon, Prime Rib, Beef Wellington, Prawns, Sweet and Sour Shrimp, Grand Marnier Souffle, Cheesecakes, Baked Alaska, and more!

And everyone from the Pow Wow was seated in the same section. So we were all able to visit with each other. Each night the waiters also put on a show for everyone with dancing and singing, and several people from the group jumped in with them!

Tuesday we woke off the coast of Catlina Island. This is a small, beautiful island 26 miles from Long Beach. The city on the island is Avalon, and it is only 1 square mile in size. The rest of the island is in a preserve. The wildlife on the island includes a herd of buffalo, bald eagles, sea lions, and full array of flowers and trees.

You were able to tour the city on your own or take several of the planned excursions from Carnival that included snorkling, boat rides, scuba, submarine ride, bus tours, and more.

Kelli and I took a bus tour of the town and surrounding areas. The tour also stopped at the Wrigley Memorial. Wrigley (of chewing gum fame) purchased the island for $5,000,000 in the early 1900's.

Tuesday evening was formal night and everyone was dressed in their best!

Wednesday we docked in Ensenada Mexico. Kelli and I decided to stay on the ship and enjoy the onboard activities. We started our morning with breakfast in our stateroom. Then we both went to the spa. Kelli had her nails done and I had a fantastic massage!

Afterwords we hung out on the deck for awhile and enjoyed people watching! I tried to compete in a putt putt tournament, but played horrible. It's hard to putt with the ship is moving! We played in a trivia contest and then went to the In the Bag game. Sally, a carnival employee, calls out items and the first person to produce the item wins points for their team. This was a lot of fun and actually ended with me wearing lipstick. But I personally contributed 120 points for my team during the game!

Thursday morning was the Pow Wow on the Veranda Deck.

After the Pow Wow Murray Porter and Arvel Bird and Eagle performed.

The trip was great! And there is so much more that happens on the ship too!

We'll definatly be on another Pow Wow Cruise. We loved meeting new friends, getting to know people better and celebrating 10 years of marriage and 10 years of PowWows.com.

Thanks David and Linda for a great trip! Thanks to everyone on the Pow Wow Cruise for a memorable week.

For all the photos of the week, please visit:
http://www.powwows.com/galleries/sho...ry.php?cat=566

I'll have video online soon.

Last edited by Paul G; 10-02-2006 at 04:48 PM..
Paul G is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook