View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 05:40 PM   #4
OLChemist
Pow Wow Committee

Items ElephantPresent
User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
OLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond reputeOLChemist has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Ahh, fall in NM. The smell of burning fields and chiles in the roasters in the parking lot....

Blacken and blister the entire skin of the chile. Your barbeque grill is great for this, since roasting in the house will set off the smoke detectors and tear gas everyone. Then take them off the fire and put them in a closed paper bag to steam. Once the chiles are room temp., roll them between you palms under running water to "slip" the skins. Done right they should come right off.

When all else fails:

http://www.buenofoods.com/

The autumn roast mild green is very fine. Makes delightful posole. I bring two icechests full back every time I go to NM. (I work with way too many chile heads.)
OLChemist is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook