View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
WocusWoman
N8tiffUmatillaMAMA

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
WocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond reputeWocusWoman has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I don't know what age group you and your wife are in, but when people have been married a while they usually come to understand and respect each other for who they are. I go to drum practice every Sunday evening. For one, it makes me a better person. I feel fulfillment for the rest of the week. I had to let my spouse know this in a way that he could understand, that when I take these 2 hours to go pray and sing, it's very important to my well-being. I've been practicing total sobriety for 18 years now, and adding this to part of my and my kids life has been important to the functioning of my family. As you know, life is stressful at times. I'm guessing that your wife and/or you are christian and it may seem for her that powwows and drumming are something that is non-christian or foreign. If that is the case, find some elders or a native mentor, so to speak that can help you out as a couple. If you have or get those overwhelming positive feelings as I do when I hear or sing at the drum, I'd advise you to keep with it, because walking the red road will get you through alot of bad times in your life. WW
WocusWoman is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook