View Single Post
Old 11-21-2006, 12:16 PM   #7
Coyot_In_The_House
BOULDERDASH!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Coyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond reputeCoyot_In_The_House has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Good Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakota Wiyan
I think most tribes have their own views of "gay/lesbian" people, but I can only tell you what I know about "our" Winkte. These were men who did women's work, and dressed and behaved like a woman. I know that a few of them would live together and keep house together, but as is EVERYONE's right, their sexual life was never NEVER EVER a topic of discussion. That was between them, if they wanted to, just like any heterosexual person. But, since these Winkte were more women than men, I don't image they would be intimate, like in a Homosexual way, but then again, who cares!!!!????!!! Gah, I can't believe I'm talking about this.....Got the indian blush going on now.....

I don't think that the European/Wasicu way of looking at people with different lifestyles can be directly applied to our cultures, regardless of what tribe you are from. Their was is very judgemental and full of fear. In my own tribe, men worry about men things, women worry about women things, and when they had to get together and worry about the tribe, I don't think that anyone's sexuality was a factor in who had a voice or rights, and who did not. The Winktes I know are extraordinarily gifted in beadwork, sewing, quillwork, or singing and dancing. They are also good horsemen (people??), and from my own experience, they make the best, the VERY best babysitters.....but oooooweeeee....the winktes I know sure can gossip....even more than ME!!
Well said....

In the future it would be nice if people took the proper steps to acquire knowledge or information....If you are not sure of the protocol, ask....

It seems to me conversations of this nature tend to confuse people and perpetuate stereotypes....
"She also has a very soft skin. The only trouble with snake women is they copulate with horses, which makes them strange to me. She say's she doesn't. That's why I call her "Doesn't Like Horses". But, of course, she's lying."
Coyot_In_The_House is offline   Reply With Quote Share with Facebook