View Single Post
Old 11-24-2006, 06:46 PM   #18
DaCotau
Kimimila

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
DaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond reputeDaCotau has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyot_In_The_House
Experiences help us grow, wether we learn from them or not. Yes I was naive....as well as her...However i've grown to undersatnd or I should say respect people and the choices or lifestyles they live....Its tough sometimes because certain things like sexuality, to me....should remain private....Just my take on it.....It becomes more complicated when people mix understandings of today's mainstream society with the teachings and traditional values of Aboriginal peoples....You can only imagine how confusing it can be....
I don't want to get too off subject but I think most of the confusion happens on the part of non-ndns who think they know and understand ndn people and traditions when they absolutely do not. This often leads to many embarassing and awkward moments.