View Single Post
Old 04-24-2001, 10:10 PM   #3
itokasniye
Tiny Tot Dancer

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
itokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond reputeitokasniye has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
I am stuck on the idea that singers are supposed to be humble. We are here to bring joy into other peoples lives. That is our sacrifice in life. I dont think singing should become a full time job for anyone. Yeah you work hard to become a good singer and learn many songs. Why should you be looking for people to reward you? That is my humble opinion.

Then again, singing is all that some people do for a living nowadays. When there is 10 or 15 people on a drum, big money contests are the only thing to get drums to come. Way back in the day it might have cost a couple buck for gas to drive your guys to a dance. Nowadays it cost a few hundred to get all those guys around.

I guess I am stuck in the past. I am not a full time singer, I have a full time job that takes most of my time and I sing about 10 powwows a year. The most money I ever received for singing was $40. I didnt care, I sing because I like it and the dancers need me. I sang this weekend for a small powwow and after splitting up the blanket and request money we each recieved $14. It got me home.