View Single Post
Old 01-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #2
kgirl7
Hola!

User InfoThanks / Tagging InfoGifts / Achievements / AwardsvBActivity Stats
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
kgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond reputekgirl7 has a reputation beyond repute
Credits: 0.00
Savings: 0.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zambo
Well my friend is half white-half Dine/Comanche/Apache/Cherokee, really he looks to most folks like a blue-eyed white dude with a very good tan, anyway I was talking to him one day and asked if he would try to enroll and join the Navajo nation.
He told me no and said that he didn't want to he wasn't a indian and didn't care just as few days ago he said that the culture and costoms everything is weird to him, this was confusing to me because I acknowledge every single group I am no matter how small little I claim
black/white/NDN/Creole/hispanic and wear it as a badge but he could care less. I finally got him a book called The References of South-West Indians I am trying to get him to read more books get in contact with his grandmother who by what I heard tried to keep tradition (she even made him two cradleboards).

Anywho I want to know what I can do, or what books I should get to get him into his culture
Not to be a downer or anything, but you're not gonna accomplish with books what his parents failed to teach him over the course of his entire lifetime. And if his parents did teach him pride in who is then it sounds like he's made a clear decision to move away from that path.

I would say pull back a little because the more you push the more he's gonna put up a wall against it. Also why do you think he should enroll Navajo, instead of Comanche or Apache or Creek? That's a decision he and his family need to make.

Your intentions are good, they are, but i don't think there's much you can do. He needs all that pushing to come from his family members.